Gardener (Live-in position)
Our client is seeking to recruit a full-time Live-in Gardener for a Private Garden (newly built) in the Cavan area. To apply you should have a love of gardening and horticulture. You should have proven experience working as a gardener in private gardens or estate gardens preferably.
You should also have obtained a qualification in horticulture. You will be a caretaking presence on-site generally and will have some light house keeping and cleaning duties in the adjacent holiday home also.
Accommodation is provided on site, and it will be possible to have a spouse or partner live-in with you also. A farm manager is on site and you will report to him on a day to day basis, but you will have primary responsibility for the one-acre garden and onsite buildings.
- Proven experience in Horticulture, especially in Garden Maintenance and ability to operate garden tools and machinery while carrying out all works necessary for the maintenance of the garden.
- A recognised qualification in Horticulture or a related field should be held.
- Available to live at the provided accommodation and to be a presence onsite to maintain and take care of the garden and accommodations.
- Access to your own transport required due to location of property.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Ireland (stamp 4 visa or citizenship of Ireland, UK or EU).
- You will maintain this one-acre garden site to a high standard, taking care of all aspects of maintaining this newly landscaped Private Garden throughout the year.
- You will liaise with the owners on any issues where necessary.
- You will primarily be responsible for the Garden; however, you will also have light house duties to maintain the holiday home and your own two-bedroom loft accommodation also.
Benefits and additional Information:
- €30,000 plus free two bedroom on site accommodation – newly built DOE.
- Live in accommodation and possibility to have a spouse or partner live and work with you.
- Great opportunity for suitable applicant to live a quiet, relaxed lifestyle and work flexibility.
- Full WiFi on site which would allow for a WFH partner when not working on site
Interested? Apply now!